Saturday 5 December 2020

Inspiring Adventure Quotes for Outdoor Thrill-Seekers

Need inspiration for your next outdoors trip? Then read through these epic adventure quotes which will do just the trick!

1.“Adventure isn’t all about rowing oceans or climbing mountains. Adventure in its purest form is simply a way of thinking. Live by that philosophy and you’ll make more of the short time we’ve been given on this rock”

– Sean Conway, endurance adventurer

2. “Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.”

– T.S Eliot

3. “I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be”

– Douglas Adams, in The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul (1988)

4. “I’ve done a lot of thinking about fear. For me the crucial question is not how to climb without fear – that’s impossible – but how to deal with it when it creeps into your nerve endings.”

– Alex Honnold, free solo climbing pioneer

5. “Into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul”

– John Muir, naturalist, author and general environmental guardian

6. “Being brave or being courageous is really just a matter of how much you want to do something. If you don’t want to do something that much then you won’t be brave enough to do it. If you really want to do something then you will be brave enough to do it”

– Hazel Findlay, rock climber

7. “I didn’t go up there to die. I went up there to live.”

– Reinhold Messner on climbing Everest

8. “All those who wander are not lost”

– JRR Tolkein, in The Lord of the Rings

9. “Being brave isn’t the absence of fear. Being brave is having that fear but finding a way through it.”

– Bear Grylls, survivalist

10. “I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me”

– Rosalia de Castro

11. “The most dangerous thing you can do in life is play it safe.’’

– Casey Neistat

12. “A ship in harbour is safe, but that’s not what ships are for”

– William Shedd

13. “Not till we are completely lost or turned around…do we begin to find ourselves.”

– Henry David Thoreau

14. “Every Mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing”

– Barry Findlay in Kilimanjaro and Beyond (2011)

15. “More and more people seem to be separating from nature. I’m trying to go in a different direction. I’m getting closer and closer.”

– Dean Potter, free solo climber and base jumping pioneer

For plenty more adventure content, check out www.adventee.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment